GEAR CHECK LIST
““Preparing for your Trekking Adventure in Patagonia”
The weather in Patagonia is a key factor to consider when planning a trip to this part of the world. Low temperatures, rain and a changing wind that reaches high speeds predominate. In addition, the terrain changes from one place to another, so the recommended equipment is extremely important to carry out activities safely. We recommend coming prepared with the following:
- Wool or fleece hat (bring two).
- Sunglasses with UV protection.
- Neck or scarf warmer.
- Lip balm.
- Polartec or polypropylene socks.
- Trekking shoes with good ankle support.
- Lightweight sneakers for rest.
- Gorotex or nylon gaiters.
- Quick drying T-shirts (2 or 3). We do not recommend wool clothing.
- Cotton T-shirts for the nights.
- Fleece jacket (we recommend polartec).
- Wool or fleece gloves.
- Waterproof parka.
- Quick drying long underwear.
- Waterproof trousers (we recommend gorotex or similar).
- Long fleece trousers for camping nights.